Wednesday, August 4, 2010

More and more the babies are staying awake. And that means more holding, patting, comforting.  Wyatt had a fairly fussy day and we are anxiously awaiting a BM, he’s due a big one. Sadie’s wake periods aren’t as frequent but she is smaller. Both had their bottle increased by 5ml today.


Shana and I both got out of the house today. Not together. It feels good to visit the world outside these walls. I’ve been making myself jog everyday just to step outside. And man is it hot!


Caring for twins is just as you would expect: hard. But what I wasn't prepared for was the emotional difficulty. After days of sitting in the same room and watching hours of TV, my mind feels mushy. I was singing a song in the car today and the words came out jumbled. And dang look at those laugh lines on my face in that picture. Oh well, I guess it's good to be happy. See...mushy. 
I miss my family, a lot.
Here are they are watching David Letterman with me. Actually they had already fallen asleep. Wyatt did make it through most of the 10 o'clock news.





No comments:

Post a Comment